So, kicking off this blog yesterday turned out to be a bad idea as we are already behind on our most basic goal: watch the damn show. Between a late dinner Sunday which had us coming home around midnight, and Nat not coming home from work until after midnight last night, we haven’t had the chance to watch this week’s episode. The excuses begin! I am positive we will get that chance tonight and can begin our workout plan.
We have been keeping up on jogs, so that’s at least something. A something I find very difficult. Nat has always been a runner, but I have not, and I find it challenging. I really have to put in my own extra training if I’m going to be ready for us to add weighted packs to our runs in the coming weeks.
In order to motivate myself to keep up with the blog, and in turn our Race Challenge, I am going to try to add variety to the topics I cover. Of course I’ll include episode recaps and our exercise follow up. But I also intend to address the application, talk about why we want to do this (the money? the experience? The money and the experience) and hopefully reflect on any progress we’ve made.
I am aware that the odds of us making the show are slim, but I think we really can do it. Maybe they would like us better in the state we’re in now—they always seem to pick a particularly out of shape couple to flounder in the first round—but if we’re going to do this, we’re going to do it with the goal of winning that million dollars and getting to try every challenge and visit every location.
I wish I could say that our goals for the money were exciting, and I think they will get more exciting, but I think the number one goal is to get debt free. College was an awesome time—I made the most amazing friends, and it’s where I met Nat. I wouldn’t want to have lived it any differently, but it is so hard to still believe that when my student loan statements come. And those are just the loans in my name. My parents’ plus loan is absolutely included in my list of debts to pay off. Luckily, with the exception of my student loans, our debts are pretty small, and paying them back wouldn’t make much of dent in our 1 million (or after taxes, what, 470,000? I hope that’s me being pessimistic).
I am determined that tonight we truly begin the challenge, because a blog full of posts about how I really am going to do something is really just my diary made public.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment